Cashmere News Diary: 10 September 2013 - community response + AGM
* 13 September, Friday 5pm-8.30pm, Cowles Stadium in Aranui, volunteers needed to role-play displaced persons, for Christchurch City Council Civil Defence exercise, light meal provided, easy and fun! See flier attached - RSVP by 11 Sept.
* 18 September, Wednesday 7.30pm, next Cashmere residents' committee meeting; please email reply or phone the Chair if you'd like to attend or alert us to anything.
* 25 September, Wednesday 1.30pm, Cashmere emergency preparedness group, 1.30pm at Cashmere Church - see 3 Nov notice.
* 22 October, Tuesday 7pm for drinks and nibbles, 7.30pm is CRA AGM at Cashmere Church. Guest speaker, provisionally: Dr Ruth Spearing, the Canterbury District Health Board presenter on the City Council's proposed Local Alcohol Policy, from 8pm. Discussion to follow. Volunteers are always welcome for CRA committee; please consider it.
* 23 October, Wednesday 1.30pm, Cashmere emergency preparedness group, 1.30pm at Cashmere Church - see 3 Nov notice.
* 3 November, Sunday 3-5pm, Cashmere Green area - Neighbourhood Week community barbeque and exercise of our community response plan, with Cashmere Presbyterian Church Centre. We have formed a committee to increase local preparedness and resilience, to organise for Neighbourhood Week, and new members are very welcome. Next meeting dates are Wednesdays 25 Sept and 23 Oct, 1.30pm at the church centre. Civil Defence is encouraging a team of volunteers to become our ready-responders, with a local hall cup of tea, contact point and reassurance, in the event of emergency. Details of our Cashmere emergency plan are here: http://www.cashmere.org.nz/news/Cashmere-Emergency-News-20Jun2013.html More work is needed to develop this. Contact CRA Chair if willing to help and attend on these dates please. Thank you to those who have stepped forward already.
Updates + notices:
* More info: "Just a further note regarding the 'parking on the green'. Residents should be aware that the southwestern side of the green is, in fact, LEGAL ROAD. This road is 10.0m in width and extends from the boundary of the adjoining properties, across the sealed accessway/path to a point just past the edge of the grass and trees.
Thank you to the resident contributor of this. CRA maintains a watching brief of care on the sometimes competing uses of the Green, where diplomacy is a virtue.
* "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN - Has anyone expressed concern about the cellphone tower that was erected two weeks ago on the corner of Cashmere Road and Barrington Street? Why weren't we as nearby residents informed by the telecommunications company or whoever arranges for these towers to be installed that this tower was to be erected? We live in Purau Terrace." Feedback invited via CRA.
Cashmere High School - host families wanted for international students,
paid a weekly amount - contact Deb, Homestay Coordinator, DDI: 337-4725,
Office: 332-9129, Cell: 027-292-4859, Email:
* CRA Subscriptions 2012/13 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $5 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 ~ Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time, thank you for your support of CRA, and enjoy the spring weather!
CRA Chair, 332-1069
Cashmere Residents Association (CRA)
Back to CRA home page