Cashmere News Diary: 11 July 2015 - resilience & preparedness
* 15 July, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, all input welcome - contact CRA Chair.
* 17 July, Friday, RSVP due for the 23 July Winter Warmer..
* 23 July, Thursday 2-3.30pm at the Cashmere Club, 50 Colombo St - The Winter Warmer 2015 - Older Adults Network event hosted by Spreydon-Heathcote Community Board. Invitation, with contact details for Solomon Smith at Christchurch City Council, here:
* 30 July, Thursday 5pm, submissions close on CERA's Draft Transition Recovery Plan - Greater Christchurch Earthquake Recovery: Transition to Regeneration - cera.govt.nz/recovery-strategy/leadership-and-integration/transition-recovery-plan
* ? August - Christchurch City Council Representation Review - formal consultation on new ward boundaries begins, as a 6-yearly duty. A complex challenge for this Council to deal with. Known currently is that two options for proposal will go before Council in August, for them to choose from: 14 or 16 councillors, with either 1 per ward (many more small wards to be created) or 2 per ward (minimised change upon the status quo). Significant change is unavoidable, due to Banks Peninsula amalgamation being finally resolved and large population shifts out of earthquake red zones. It is a question of how much change and where this lands - will it disrupt established communities and working relationships very much? Watch this space: ccc.govt.nz/the-council/have-your-say/whats-happening-now/representative-review/Notices
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan for activating a local response hub at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave, in an emergency. Enquiries and contributions via any of the three partner organisations listed. Thank you. Stay safe, ref. getthru.govt.nz See/circulate cashmere.org.nz/CREST Plan and flier here:
* House for Rent - Modern Family home for short-term rent. Available from the end of June until the end of August 2015. Location: Hackthorne Road, Cashmere. Three bedroom, 2 Bathroom, 2 x Living areas with separate dining & open plan kitchen. Internal garage for 1 car with carport for second car and good off street parking. Heating: central heating with radiators along with log burner (wood supplied). Ideally suit people looking for temporary accommodation whilst EQC repairs are being carried out. Please contact Victoria, 021-981-973.
* Garden City 2.0 - company provides a not-for-profit service in Christchurch, delivering fresh, locally grown organic produce. Recently set up a pickup point on Cashmere Hill at the Emperor's New Clothes Cafe. gardencity.org.nz + facebook.com/GardenCity2.0
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities / CDEM, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Kaizuka Eatery and Garden Bar, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email news is indexed, FYI, near page-top here: http://www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2014/15 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post to CRA Treasurer, 82 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022.
Stay warm this winter. Anything CRA can do to help, please let us know. Kia kaha.
332-1069 or 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page