* 13 October, Monday 7.30pm - Bowenvale Neighbourhood Network second meeting, CRA-backed, at Spreydon Heathcote Community Boardroom, Beckenham Service Centre CCC, 66 Colombo St - Community BBQ at Sunvale Reserve 2-5pm on 2 Nov, Neighbourhood Support, meeting schedule etc. All welcome.
Cashmere News Diary: 13 October 2014 - Neighbourhoods
* 14 October, Tuesday 7.30pm - Barrington Issues Group - at St Nicholas Anglican Church Hall, Frankleigh St / Barrington St cnr: public passenger transport interchange for the Mall, pedestrian safety, Draft District Plan change submissions, urban and commercial development, rising flood and contamination risks; Christchurch City Council Long Term Plan discussion - yourvoice.ccc.govt.nz/our-city-our-future ; etc; contributing to Spreydon residents' association. All welcome.
* 15 October, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, all input welcome - contact CRA Chair.
* 21 October, Tuesday 7pm - CRA AGM, evening begins with drinks and nibbles at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave; speakers: Jenny Barrer on her recent Cashmere history book, then Brenden Winder, CERA manager of Port Hills red zone crown-owned land clearances. AGM: any new nominations or volunteers for committee? 9.30pm close. All welcome.
* 22 October, Wednesday 1.30pm - CREST - Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - our local preparedness group meets, at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave - last Wednesday of each month except December. Local volunteer skills and resources inter-network. Writing the draft Cashmere Community Emergency Response Plan. All input welcome. Ref. cashmere.org.nz/news/Cashmere-Emergency-News-20Jun2013.html
* 31 October, Friday 5pm - pre-consultation closes for Christchurch City Council's Long Term Plan, yourvoice.ccc.govt.nz/our-city-our-future [Extended to 30 Nov.]
* 2 November, Sunday 2-5pm - Bowenvale Neighbourhood Network Community BBQ at Sunvale Reserve, Bowenvale Avenue; cooker, sausages, bread and condiments supplied, bric-a-brac stall - Neighbourhood Week event.
* 2 November, Sunday 5-7pm - Cashmere Community BBQ potluck dinner; meats, cooker, bread, condiments and beverages supplied; bring family, a salad or dessert if you like; at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave - CREST Neighbourhood Week event.
* Dangerous tree?
Picture of Purau Reserve, Dyers Pass Road where the small library used to be, of the lone pine tree left of several, on a lean with some branches trimmed, perilous over park and walkway some do say - should it stay or go? Opinions sought - please reply with your views on this.
* Retaining Walls - gcalawyers.co.nz/blog-2/owners-of-retaining-walls-class-action-meeting/ follow-up +
* Community project funding is available from rotaryneighbourhood.org.nz
* Graffiti clean ups from tagstoppers.co.nz and join a volunteer team here:
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council CDEM, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Kaizuka Eatery and Garden Bar, Cup Cafe, Elevate Bar and Function Centre, Emporers New Clothes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email news is indexed near page-top here, FYI: http://www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2013/14 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $5 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 - Adding a small donation is very much appreciated and helps increase service. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested:
Enjoy the spring weather! Stay safe.
CRA Chair, 332-1069
Cashmere Residents' Association
Back to CRA home page