Cashmere News Diary: 15 August 2013 - Neighbourhood Week
* 21 August, Wednesday 7.30pm, next Cashmere residents' committee meeting; please email reply or phone the Chair if you'd like to attend or alert us to anything.
* 23 August, Friday 5pm, applications close for Neighbourhood Week ccc.govt.nz/cityleisure/eventsfestivals/communityevents/neighbourhoodweek/
CRA will work with any Cashmere street group to develop a Neighbourhood Week event, and a local community civil defence plan too if you wish, so we pass on this notice for getting started:
Neighbourhood Week - Friday 25 October to Sunday 3 November 2013
Christchurch City Council is currently promoting Neighbourhood Week 2013 which is all about communities where people support each other, keep an eye out for each other and give each other a helping hand.
Each year, the Community Boards set aside a fund for individuals and groups with great ideas to put together neighbourhood events such as barbecues, street parties, picnics, morning or afternoon teas, working bees, tree-planting days, kite-flying and community walks.
As part of its support for Neighbourhood Week, your local Community Board is making small subsidies available (for reimbursement after the event and following the presentation and approval of receipts). Please note that subsidies are not available for alcohol, fireworks or bouncy castles.
If your event is to be in a public space, e.g. a local park or reserve, you need to contact Christchurch City Council Bookings on 941 8888 to check availability and provide information about your event. This information may include a Health and Safety Plan or other event details. If you are holding your event in a public place within an area that is covered by the alcohol free by-law, then you may not have any alcohol present.
For an application form, guidelines and ideas on planning and organising your event, please visit our website www.ccc.govt.nz/neighbourhoodweek
For a Neighbourhood Week A4 poster please click here:
For enquiries, please phone the Council on 941 8999.
The Spreydon / Heathcote Community Board looks forward to receiving your application for Neighbourhood Week funding.
Applications close Friday, 23 August 2013 at 5pm.
Post completed applications to: Neighbourhood Week, Christchurch City Council, PO Box 73027, Christchurch 8154 or email to:
Strengthening Communities Administrator - Spreydon/Heathcote
Christchurch City Council
c/o PO Box 73027, Christchurch 8154
Phone: 941 8999
Updates & notices:
* Civil Defence is encouraging a team of volunteers to become our ready-responders, with a local hall cup of tea, contact point and reassurance, in the event of emergency. Contact CRA Chair if willing to help please. See previous News Diary, 30Jul2013 re Alpine earthquake hazard. Our first exercise of the Cashmere Community Civil Defence Plan will run with Cashmere Presbyterian Church Centre during Neighbourhood Week, as a community barbeque. More information to come.
* 15-21 Sept, Keep New Zealand Beautiful! week - register a clean-up event - www.knzbcleanupweek.co.nz
* Alzheimers NZ Appeal Day 2013 - Thursday 19th (streets) and Saturday 21st September (malls), request for collectors - phone Lesley Wick 3-379-2590 Monday to Thursday, 021-221-4224 or Lesley@alzcanty.co.nz anytime. www.alzcanty.co.nz
* Rossmore Terrace - retaining walls repair near completion, ahead of schedule - SCIRT notice.
* Cashmere Green - CCC advise that "There is a strict management plan in place for that green as it is reserve. If any residents have concerns regarding people parking on the Green, they need to contact the Council on 941-8999 to report this."
* Cashmere High School - host families wanted for international students, paid a weekly amount - contact Deb, Homestay Coordinator, DDI: 337-4725, Office: 332-9129, Cell: 027-292-4859, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* CRA Subscriptions 2012/13 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $5 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 389005.0688810.02 ~ Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: email@example.com.
Until next time, thank you for your support of CRA, and enjoy the spring weather.
CRA Chair, 332-1069
Cashmere Residents Association
Back to CRA link hub / home page