* 1 December, Friday - RSVP deadline for forum on Reducing Alcohol Related Harm, to be held at CCC Civic Offices - see notice below.
* 2 December, Saturday 10am-12.30pm - Carving Demonstration & Korero with Karl the Carver: Spreydon Library, 266 Barrington St by Barrington Mall - web.facebook.com/events/1203185033159832
* 5 December, Tuesday - Christchurch Adventure Park reopening, off Worsley's Road - christchurchadventurepark.com
* 7 December, Thursday 2pm - Author Talk at Te Hapua Halswell Centre: Author Malcolm Tait has written the book "Music Can Be Risky" and will be speaking about his book and his travels as a music educator with his family. He has many entertaining stories to tell - Te Hapua Library, 341 Halswell Rd. All welcome. Free.
* 10 December, Sunday 11am - Children's Nativity Play, The telling of the Christmas Story for families, St. Augustine's Church, 5 Cracroft Tce: the first of St. Augustine's seasonal events,
staugustines.org.nz - full notice:
* 16 December, Saturday 5-10.30pm - Cashmere/Port Hills Community & Business Association, Christmas function, Sign of the Takahe:
* 17 December, Sunday 6pm - Cashmere Hills Presbyterian Church Carol Service, by the Cashmere Green: any musicians who might be available please contact the church - cashmerechurch.org.nz
* 18 December, Monday 5pm - deadline for feedback on Dyers Pass Road proposed safety improvements -
* 17 January, Wednesday 7.30pm - next Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, resident input invited - contact CRA by reply email.
* 18 February, Sunday 12pm - Cashmere connection, preparedness planning and community resilience lunch, at Cashmere Green with Presbyterian Centre, Red Cross, emergency services and CREST support.
Cashmere News Diary: 1 December 2017 - CCC feedback, Xmas events etc
Notices / updates
* If you have any local news to add, please send it in to CRA in reply.
* Reducing Alcohol Related Harm - Registrations close today!
Teenaa koutou, The Safer Christchurch Governance Group warmly invites you to attend their forum on Reducing Alcohol Related Harm.
You will hear from Superintendent Lane Todd, Dr David Richards (Clinical Director of the Emergency Department at Christchurch Hospital) and Carmen Collie, Coordinator of the Christchurch Alcohol Action Plan. There will then be a panel where you are welcome to take part in the discussion of the current challenges we are facing in regards to alcohol, the measures being taken to address these issues and the opportunities to work together in the future.
Where: The Function Room, 1st floor of the Civic Offices, 53 Hereford St
When: Monday December 4th from 1.30pm to 3pm (afternoon tea provided)
RSVP by 1 December to email@example.com
* Malthouse Theatre history tour - We are still the gathering numbers to do this, one Saturday or Sunday afternoon in 2018 - let us know if you'd like to join in, by reply email or telephone please.
* Hackthorne / Dyers Pass Road intersection, considered dangerous for pedestrians and motorists - Spreydon-Cashmere Community Board await a staff report, to help decide future action.
* Spreydon-Cashmere Edible Garden Awards - Nominations open now, can now be made from now until 12 February (ask first if you want to nominate someone else or a group, as an assessment visit in March is involved). All types and stages of edible garden welcome - anyone who is having a go. To find out more and get a nomination form online:
* List of exercise classes available locally - to be circulated early 2018.
* Cashmere buses - a return of more service is essential for the less mobile in our area. CRA invites your input via a working party. Please contact Jan Webster 3322893 or reply by email to show support. Thank you.
* A resident asks what community entertainment use could be made of the Sign of the Takahe, now repaired but empty. Any advice or statement of interest is welcome. The City owns it and seeks a lessee.
* Predator-Free Port Hills, Cashmere project - thank you to the Summit Road Society and all residents who have volunteered help with pest trapping. Further inquiries welcome where pests are encountered, via firstname.lastname@example.org - To participate in the project, please register and "Request membership" on the Pest Trap NZ, Cashmere GIS page trap.nz/project/251462/info noting what you'd like to do. Then contribute by adding data: trap type, location, bait & catches etc. More Predator-Free Cashmere / NZ project info is on cashmere.org.nz home page.
* Hot-water cylinder / gas unit problems - chchwater.wordpress.com holds all CRA's information on this widespread concern; feedback is welcome for writing further blog posts noting ways of resolving hot-water supply faults.
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan, see cashmere.org.nz/CREST for digital copy. Thanks to Red Cross for project support
redcross.org.nz/what-we-do/in-new-zealand/recovery-2010-2017/promoting-resilience : CREST enquiries via Cashmere Presbyterian, Cashmere School or Cashmere Residents' Association. Stay safe - getthru.govt.nz
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Cashmere Cuisine,
Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe, Zeroes Cafe, Cashmere Super Dairy, Kaizuka Giftshop, Una Bakery, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Computer Help NZ, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email Cashmere News is indexed near page-top here, FYI: www.cashmere.org.nz.
* CRA Subscriptions 2017/18 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 38.9005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: email@example.com. Or post to CRA Treasurer, c/o 112 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022.
Thanks again for your support of CRA and its work. Stay safe, enjoy the summer!
332-1069 / 027-406-0077
Chair pp CRA Committee
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page