* 23 November, Wednesday 7.30pm - Cashmere Residents' traffic sub-committee engagement at Zeroes Cafe on Cashmere Road, following a resolution from the CRA Annual General Meeting last month - to look at Hackthorne Road intersection safety design options. Come tell us what you think.
* 24 November, Thursday 10am - Cashmere Music Group - Preschool music programme at Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Thursday mornings at 10am, a delightful bunch of little kids, mums and grandmas (Dads welcome too!). No charge, just a koha plus a piece of fruit to share.
* 25 November, Friday 9.30am - 'Centering Prayer', Calm & Cake @ Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Dyers Pass Rd, on the first Friday of each month. Free! All welcome: 9.30am Quiet space; 10.00am 'Mindfulness' session; 10.30am Coffee & cake. Phone 332-7129.
* 26 November, Saturday 10am-2pm - Thorrington School Community Bootmarket & Kid's Market, 22A Colombo St - Live music, sausage sizzle, coffee and much more! Book a stall site. facebook.com/events/231368847296617 Poster:
Cashmere News Diary: 22 November 2016 - Port Hills traffic, Predator-Free
* 29 November, Tuesday 7.30pm - Predator-Free Port Hills, Cashmere group launch at the Cashmere Presbyterian Centre Kowhai Lounge, 2 Macmillan Ave. CRA is now registered with predatorfreenz.org - come borrow a trap for your garden, gain advice and help organise the group. Thanks to NZ Fine Prints for sponsoring the meeting. All welcome.
* 15 February, Wednesday 7.30pm - next full Cashmere Residents' Association committee meeting, resident input invited - contact CRA by reply email.
Notices / updates
* Thank you everyone who attended CRA AGM in October. The Association is in fine heart with clear instruction from our community re traffic improvements needed! See 23 Nov meet-up at Zeroes for more information. Thank you to all new and re-joining CRA members, we are here to serve.
* Cashmere Residents' Emergency Support Team - CREST - Cashmere Community Response Plan - see cashmere.org.nz/CREST for digital copy. Enquiries via Cashmere Presbyterian, Cashmere School or Cashmere Residents' Association. We now have costings for the electrical and water supply upgrades needed, for emergency purposes, at the Cashmere Presbyterian Centre - over $10,000 will be required. So we have begun fund-raising under Cashmere Residents' Association management at 38-9005-0688810-03 should anyone like to contribute. Receipts for tax-exemption of donations can be returned. Thanks very much to Cashmere School students for enthusiastically opening the generator fund-drive with $400 from a recent mufti-day! A very well done, to these children. Stay safe, ref. getthru.govt.nz
* Hot-water cylinder problems - chchwater.wordpress.com holds all CRA's information on this - more feedback from residents or engineers is invited for adding new blog posts. Anomaly of a high pH was recently discovered at the Dyers Pass Road water reservoir, which may affect some houses.
* Pilates classes, two per week: Tuesdays 6-7pm at Cashmere School, 135 Hackthorne Rd, and Fridays 9.30-10.30am at Cashmere Presbyterian Centre, 2 Macmillan Ave. Kate Horton BSc(hons), NZRP, Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor (APPI). 022-690-4126 + email@example.com + www.katephysio.co.nz
* A very big thank you to all Cashmere Residents and CREST community partners: Cashmere Primary School, Cashmere Presbyterian Church, Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities & Civil Defence Emergency Management, Canterbury Neighbourhood Support, Kidsfirst Cashmere Kindergarten, Cashmere Cuisine, Cup Cafe, Emperors New Clothes Cafe,
Cashmere Super Dairy, Kaizuka Giftshop, Una Bakery, Cracroft-Chase Vineyard, Quick Stop Liquor, Swanlake Lotus at Siam Healthcare Spa emergency spring-water source, Out in the Wild cordials of Hanmer, Computer Help NZ, and to all our local volunteers and supporters - Thank you very much!
* Past CRA email Cashmere News is indexed near page-top here, FYI: www.cashmere.org.nz
* CRA Subscriptions 2016/17 - Association membership and renewals, at the household rate of $10 per year, can be made via our Kiwibank a/c 38.9005.0688810.02 - Donations help increase service and are very much appreciated. Please notify deposit by email, for confirmation by our Treasurer, and a receipt will be issued if requested: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or post to CRA Treasurer, c/o 112 Hackthorne Road, Christchurch 8022. CRA-Member-Application-Form.pdf
Thanks again for your support of CRA. Summer is near!
Chair pp CRA committee
332-1069 or 027-406-0077
Cashmere Residents' Association (CRA)
Back to CRA link hub / home page